Figure Four StretchSEMGeeks
If you’ve been working out and just finished some serious leg exercises, you’re going to need to stretch. A great leg stretch that gets your glutes, hips, and relieves stress in the lower back is the Figure Four Stretch. The best part? You can do this lying down!
- Start by lying on your back with your legs bent and your feet flat on the ground.
- Put the right ankle over the left knee, keeping that right foot flexed to protect your knee.
- Your right shin should be parallel to the ground, going from right to left in front of you.
- This may be enough of a stretch. If so, hold for 20-30 seconds, release the right leg to the floor, then repeat on the other side.
For a deeper stretch:
- Gently push your right knee forward or move it in small circles until you feel a stretch.
- Put hands behind your left leg and gently pull towards your chest until you feel a stretch.
- Hold for 20-30 seconds, release the right leg to the floor, then repeat on the other side.
87 Summit Ave
Hackensack, NJ 07601