Stem Cell Injections for Joints
Stem Cell Therapy has been quite the buzz in recent times. With the ability to ethically harvest stem cells, this treatment now offers potential to cure many types of ailments. Stem cell injections have proven very effective for all types of joint pain, including chronic hip, knee and shoulder pain.
At Jersey Rehab and Pain Management, our expert surgeons provide professional treatment targeting acute pain, such that your movement can be improved, if not restored, in the shortest possible time.
Stem Cell Injections with Bone Marrow Aspirate
Bone Marrow Aspirate (BMA) are bone marrow stem cells collected from your own body and then injected in the specific body part that requires healing. Stem cells are known for their ability to reproduce into any type of cell in the body part in which they are injected. This promotes healing and recovery, without any fear of the bone marrow being rejected, since it is taken from your own body.
How is Bone Marrow Aspirate Beneficial?
BMA therapy is best suited for the treatment of damage to cartilages, ligaments, tendons and bones. They offer a variety of benefits, such as:
- Relief from pain and promotion of healing
- Lesser recovery time than other treatments
- Lower risks than surgery
- Formation of healthy tissues
- No scarring
Cells in Your Bone Marrow
Our bone marrow is made up of:
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells: These are the precursors to many different cells in our bones, cartilage and fat.
- Osteogenic Precursor Cells: Derived from MSCs, they differentiate into osteoblasts.
- Platelets: These contain alpha granules, which work wonders on swelling and internal wounds.
If you have been suffering from persistent pain in your joints, back or shoulders, it is time to seek professional help. Contact us today to learn more about Stem Cell Injections.