Moving Beyond Pills to Treat Joint PainSEMGeeks
Pain is one of the most common reasons for seeking medical care. Until recently, medications, including opioids, had been the first line of defense in treating joint pain. Unfortunately, there are a number of problems with this approach. Opioid medications are addictive, can worsen joint pain and carry a number of side effects.
The good news is that medication is not the only way to treat joint pain. By working with a pain management specialist, you can explore safe, drug-free ways to manage your pain and lead a more active lifestyle.
Exploring the Benefits of Alternative Pain Treatment
There are many reasons why pain patients are moving away from pills and more towards alternative treatments. Here are some of the benefits to treating joint pain naturally.
- Natural and drug free with few to no side effects
- Support an overall healthy mind and body
- Reduce inflammation
- Improve quality of life
- Treat the actual source of pain
- Safer than mainstream medicine
- Flexible and can be used alongside other therapies
- Does not cause tolerance or dependency issues
What Alternative Treatments are Available for Joint Pain?
Joint pain is very common. One study found that about one-third of American adults had joint pain in the last 30 days. While this does not discount the debilitation this type of pain can cause, it does mean that we know more about treating joint discomfort. Let’s explore some of the best alternative treatments for managing pain and inflammation in the joints.
- PRP therapy. PRP injections contain a plasma-rich substance that repairs injured tissues, relieves pain, decreases inflammation and slows the progression of osteoarthritis.
- Steroid injections. Cortisone injections can help relieve pain and inflammation in a specific area of the body. They’re most commonly injected into the joints.
- Stem cell injections. Stem cell treatments may help people with arthritis by promoting healing and improving symptoms of pain and swelling.
Why Choose Jersey Rehab to Treat Joint Pain
Jersey Rehab is a pain management center that specializes in alternative forms of treatment such as steroid injections. We have many options to help our clients treat their joint pain and improve overall mobility. By using fluoroscopic technology, we’re able to be precise when delivering steroid medication into the joints.
To learn more about your options for treating joint pain without pills, contact Jersey Rehab today at one of our four locations. We look forward to speaking with you and helping you take back your life!