Stretch of the Day: Seated Neck StretchSEMGeeks
Our necks get a lot of use and very little love throughout the day. With constant extending, turning, ducking, and twisting our necks, made worse by poor posture, it’s easy to feel soreness or tension.
To give your neck a gentle stretch, start seated on the floor with your legs crossed.
- Place your left hand on your head and slowly tilt your head to your left shoulder, keeping your shoulders down away from your ears.
- Gently apply pressure with your left hand.
- Extend your right arm beside you down towards the floor, open your palm with your fingers pointed away from you.
- Hold for 30 seconds.
- Release your left hand, keep your head tilted to the left.
- Put your left hand under your head and use it to lift your head to a neutral position, keeping your neck muscles relaxed.
Switch the cross of your legs and repeat on the right side.